Camplify is ‘all shook up’ to be an official accommodation partner for the upcoming iconic Parkes Elvis Festival (8th – 12th January 2020)
Interested in attending this rock ‘n roll spectacular? It’s not too late to enjoy the experience the festival in the comfort of a Camplify van!
We’ve pulled together some advice for those considering booking a a trip to this one-of-a-kind regional event.
SEARCH FOR A VAN ON CAMPLIFY
- Create a free profile and tell us all about yourself.
- You'll receive a login to our booking system.
- Search our listings and decide on the perfect van for you.
- Once you find your perfect RV, make a booking request with the owner and be sure to include all of the important details about you and your planned trip.
- When you’ve received approval from the owner and paid for the booking, it’s time to find a place to park your freedom machine.
BOOK A CAMPSITE
Book a campsite by contacting the Parkes Visitor Information Centre on 02 6862 6000 and state that you have a Camplify van. The staff will discuss availability, locations and assist you with booking a temporary campsite between Monday, 6 Jan to Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
Unpowered temporary campsites in Parkes are $28 per site per night. Surrounding towns prices may differ. The staff at the Parkes Visitor Information Centre will assist with prices and availability when booking.
The Parkes Visitor Information Centre
Address: Newell Highway (heading to Dubbo), Parkes NSW 2870
Phone: 02 6862 6000
- 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- 10am - 3pm weekends
- Closed 25 December
- 9am - 5pm during the festival
ROCK OUT AT THE FESTIVAL
From here, you can filter events by accessibility, free or ticketed, indoor or outdoor, venues and performers. Information like location attractions, services, where to eat and shop, medical facilities, free wifi, etc can also be found on this page.
- Shuttle buses are available around Parkes from Wednesday to Sunday for $4 per ride or $15 unlimited use. Check out the bus timetable here.
- Shuttle Buses are also available from Forbes for $10 per ride or $35 unlimited, Orange $44 return, Peak Hill $10 per ride or $35 unlimited.
- Parkes Taxi Service. Call directly on (02) 6862 2222.
- Bike racks are available in Cooke Park, at the Post Office and at various locations around Festival Boulevard.
NEARBY RV DUMP POINTS
Depending on what you agree with the Camplify van owner, you may be required to empty the toilet and grey water tanks before returning the van. It’s very important to empty this waste at a proper RV dump point. To make your life easier, we’ve outlined a few located within reasonable distance from the event below.
- Spicer Caravan Park Dump Point – Cnr of Victoria & Albert Streets
- Kelly Reserve Dump Point – Cnr of Newell Highway & Thomas Street
- Parkes Showground Dump Point – Victoria St. Continue along Victoria Street passing the Trotting Track on your right and the entrance is after the right-hand curve in the road. Drive straight ahead to the caretaker’s cottage just after the stables; turn left and the toilets and dump point is in front of you.
- Forbes Shire Council's sewer treatment works, located off the Newell Highway heading south from the CBD Lions park on Lake Forbes. This point is located next to the toilet blocks and is open 24 hours.
- Lidner Oval Dump Point – Warrah Street, Peak Hill
- Trundle Showground Dump Point – Austral Street, Trundle
- Tullamore Showground Dump Point – Kitchener Street, Tullamore
To find out how Camplify can work with you and your RV,
register today here.